Preliminary Task
For this task we were asked to use the match on action shot which is when the camera follows a character and instead of following the character at the same angle he or she turns it cuts to the side they will turn to. As well as this we were told to use the shot reverse shot which is when you see a character talking for example facing left which is followed by character 2 which is facing right talking to the other character and then reversing back to character 1 replying to character 2 maintaining the 180 degree rule. This means that the camera shows an over the shoulder shot from both characters maintaining 180 degree radius and the characters look as if they were facing each other (character one facing left and character 2 facing right) without actually seeing both of their faces in each shot. We then created a short story line and figured out how we could fit all of the parts of the task in a short video which is meant to be under 25 seconds.
I had created the storyboard and story line that went with it which meant I chose what would happen in each shot. I had choose that there should be a student going to see a teacher and walking from their class to see the teacher and after negotiating this with my group we had agreed it was a good idea.
We had used these shots not only because the teacher taught us about them but also because we thought it looked quite effective and would draw attention to the viewer. I had done most of the camera work as the other group members were not as sure on how to get it done so the beginning shots were created by me, however as I was the teacher in later scenes I had to tell my group member Asya at what angle we should shoot it and what angle she'd be comfortable with filming.
I was quite happy with the end result as we had used the match on action quite a few times and I thought that it looked quite effective. I think this because after editing it looked much better then it looked when it was just recorded and unedited. We could have used a better space and for example looked through which classes were free and how the shots would look from there. Even though there were minor mistakes including the lighting, the end result was fairly good as the camera was the right distance away at all times and the characters were placed in the right positions as there was no need to move for us at any point so it went smoothly. Also as the dialogue we had done was quite long we had to cut it short however we as a group thought it still made sense but for next time I would probably make sure it was shorter as there was a 25 second limit.
I think overall my group did fairly well as it was hard to find a free classroom without asking before as in both classrooms there was a teacher working in the corner so we might have distracted them which we apologised for and thanked for letting us use it to film.
I think I am very confident in using a camera and Imovie as I am usually the person in charge of most camera work and if I'm not the group members ask me how to do it. Where as for Imovie i had done the editing for almost all movies with the consultation of my group members.
Here are some shots from the the task we had created:



No comments:
Post a Comment